AP Racing by Essex Radi-CAL Truck, SUV, and Jeep Brake Kits
Today's trucks, SUVs, and Jeeps are perpetually getting heavier and faster. We now see performance stats that would have humiliated a supercar ten years ago. Horsepower in particular has turned into an arms race, and we're seeing factory ratings of 700+ HP. In many cases the OEM brake system is only adequate for a couple stops before overheating with the vehicle in stock trim. So what happens when the vehicle is modified, or the owner tries to use the vehicle for towing, off-roading, or when they just add significantly larger wheels and tires? Many of the problems in the list creep into the picture:
- Inability to slow or stop when running large wheels and tires
- Brakes that randomly lock or freeze
- Overheating when towing a camper or trailer
- ‘Warped’ discs that shake violently under braking
- Pulling to one side while braking
- A soft brake pedal that goes to the floor
- Inexplicable brake squeal or grinding
- Puny and bland appearance behind aftermarket wheel
Our AP Racing by Essex Brake Kits are designed to address every one of those issues! Since supplying the brakes that secured their first Formula 1 victory in
1938, AP Racing has been at the forefront of brake technology, winning
championships in a diverse array of off and on road arenas such as DAKAR,
the World Rally Championship, open wheel, sportscar, and armored
vehicles. Our systems leverage the following features and technologies to handle anything you can throw at your vehicle.
- Carefully chosen piston sizes for proper brake bias and integration with OEM master cylinder & ABS systems
- Painted calipers with dust boots add durability in inclement weather conditions
- Low noise, vibration, and harshness for a very OE-like experience during daily driving
- Front kits are designed to mate with stock rear brake components or our rear AP Racing solutions
- Larger than stock discs to improve system thermal capacity and fade resistance, while increasing longevity
- Calipers feature extremely large pads that last a long time and hold heat well
- Lightweight, anodized aluminum disc hats and caliper mounting brackets
- Optimized to allow for a wide range of wheel fitment
- Ferodo DS2500 Brake Pads and Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines included with every kit
- All associated mounting bolts, hardware, and detailed installation instructions
Our AP Racing by Essex World Radi-CAL Brake Kit are far superior to the OEM brakes in every conceivable manner. They activate much more rapidly and allow you to stop in considerably shorter distances, as many times in a row as you need to do so. They provide a much higher, harder brake pedal that can be easily modulated while retaining proper ABS function, while every brake component will run at considerably lower temperatures than their OEM counterparts. That means a huge increase in durability and longevity, as well as driver confidence. Not only does our kit look incredible, but it will dramatically enhance the performance envelope of your truck, SUV, or Jeep.
News & Blog
Previously reserved for professional racing, available now for your car!
Reviving and improving a neglected E90 M3
Painless pad swaps, superior wheel fitment, and extremely lightweight!