Video: Watch a NASCAR Next Gen pit stop up close and personal03.16.2022
Moving from five lug nuts to one, along with a raft of other changes, has really shaken up pit stop tactics in NASCAR Cup this season. Whereas Formula 1 uses twenty people to service the car at each stop, NASCAR allows only a fraction as many. Watch the frenetic dance below, and check out this article on NASCAR's website for more insights on how and why things have changed so much for 2022.
Chase Briscoe and Stewart Haas Racing captured the Cup victory at Phoenix last week. Below are some quotes and additional info on the results. All competitors were running a complete AP Racing Radi-CAL brake system.
“That’s unbelievable. I was crying the whole last lap. I mean, this is definitely a team win. I’ve got to thank everyone that has gotten me to this point. Seven years ago, I was sleeping on couches, ready to give up. They gave me an opportunity and it’s led to this. I am so blessed to be driving at the organization, the team, the car that was my hero growing up. To get this 14 back in victory lane, to do it with Mahindra Tractors, their first year in the sport, everybody that’s believed in me. It’s unbelievable.” – Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 14 Mahindra Tractors Ford Mustang
Date: March 13, 2022
Event: Ruoff Mortgage 500k (Round 4 of 36)
Series: NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Phoenix Raceway (1-mile oval)
Format: 312 laps, broken into three stages (60 laps/125 laps/127 laps)
Race Winner: Chase Briscoe of Stewart-Haas Racing (Ford)
SHR Race Finish:
● Chase Briscoe (Started 6th, Finished 1st / Running, completed 312 of 312 laps)
● Kevin Harvick (Started 16th, Finished 6th / Running, completed 312 of 312 laps)
● Aric Almirola (Started 5th, Finished 12th / Running, completed 312 of 312 laps)
● Cole Custer (Started 25th, Finished 16th / Running, completed 312 of 312 laps)
● This was Briscoe’s first career NASCAR Cup Series victory and it came in his second season with SHR.
● This was Briscoe’s 40th career NASCAR Cup Series start and only his third at Phoenix.
● Briscoe is the third driver in NASCAR Cup Series history to score his first career win at Phoenix, joining Kulwicki (1988) and Bobby Hamilton (1996).
● Briscoe is the 88th different driver to win a NASCAR Cup Series race with Ford.
● Briscoe finished second in Stage 1 to earn nine bonus points and eighth in Stage 2 to earn three more bonus points.
● Briscoe led three times for 101 laps – his first laps led at Phoenix.
Information and Photo from Stewart-Haas
Check out more videos on our Youtube!
Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram!