AP Racing-equipped Corvette "Bernice" lands JDP back on podium in NASA TT05.19.2022
Driven by the talented Jordan Priestley of JDP Motorsports, Bernice is back and already climbing the ranks in NASA TT competition. Outfitted with AP Racing by Essex Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kits on the front and rear, this potent C7 stops as well as it goes. We got in touch with Jordan to get the full story on why the Corvette was out of commission, and how it felt to get back in the driver's seat. Take a minute to read what he has to say below!
The car was down for 1.5 years due to an engine failure after our 800HP 440ci LT1 gave up the ghost. We had 2.5 seasons and over 80 events on that engine covering multiple NMCA West AutoX Championships, 3rd Overall at OUSCI in 2019, 1st at NCM USCA event in 2019 and may other victories. Being a shop car, it got put on the back burner while we handled customer builds. We decided to put it back together with our newly updated 630HP Package to further our development on that package. I felt right at home getting back into Bernice and we were able to take 1st in TT2 in her maiden voyage at UMC with the Utah NASA group on East Track!
Mod list: 2017 C7 Corvette Grand Sport
- JDP 630HP Engine Performance Package w/Borla ATAK Axle-Back Exhaust
- JDP Track Spec Suspension Package (featuring Ultimate Performance JRi Double Adjustable Coilovers, Spherical Control Arm Bearings, Billet Drop Spindles, Adjustable Sway Bars, AMT Camber Kit and JDP-modified Rear Lower Control Arms)
- AP Racing by Essex 372mm CP9668 front and 365mm CP9450 rear Radi-CAL Pro5000R Competition Brake Kits
- JDP Series Forgeline GTD1 Open Lug Cap 18x11 F 18x12 R w/315/30R18 Falken RT660 Tires
- Anderson Composites Dry Carbon Hood w/JDP Vent, Anderson Composites Splitter, Side Skirts, Diffuser, Rear Brake Vents, APR Carbon Mirrors, ZR1 FTK Wing
- Recaro Pole Position Leather Seats, Brey-Krause Harness Bar w/JDP-spec Safecraft 6-Point Harnesses
Keep tabs on all of Bernice's exploits on JDP's Instagram page.